Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pudukkottai Sri Varadaraja Perumal Koil

Sreemathe RangaRamanuja Mahadesikaya Namaha
 
I was on a visit to my native place Pudukkottai, which has a beautiful Sri Varadaraja Perumal Koil. This is also our native family temple and by traditions our family receive temple honours, as kula deivam. Incidentally Moolavar is Sri Srinivasar and the Uthsavar is Sri Varadaraja Perumal, in whose name the temple is called. From Tiruchi, Pudukkottai is 53 KMs and beyond this you go to Tirumeyyam Tirukkoshtiyur, Tiruppullani etc. I have posted earlier some events taken place in this town. Now in my recent visit, I just took some short movie, whose youtube link, I am giving below. This may be of interest to some of our members, who are natives of Pudukkottai.
With the blessings of H H Srimad Andavan ,Mahasamprokshanam of this Temple was last done in 2001


Daasan,

R Srinivasan.

1 comment:

  1. I am Balasubramaniayn,83 years native of pudukottai.I am very happy to see this temple video.During my school days ( subbramaiyer school or thambudu vadyar ) I lived just opposite to this temple. For the last 15 years I could not visit .Lot of improvements have taken place. This sepetember 8th I visit Pudukottai and with god's grace I may visit this temple.Sri. Srinivasachar was the priest and Ragahava Iyengar was cook.I have participated in all festivals, incl. Ratha sapthami day utsavam by Thambudu vadyar family. Will the temple is open by 10 am to do archana? The Hanuman is a great Varaprasadi,wordhiped by my mother !! Thanks

    ReplyDelete